Sunday, June 20, 2010

Blessed by a Visit


My sister and brother-in-law came for a 10 day visit. We had such an awesome time. We drove completely around the Island of Taiwan. Went to the ocean, the mountains, Taroko Gorge, Taipei and all around Taichung. They got to eat a home cooked meal, thanks to Rongro (man, can she cook). Many of my friends took them out to eat. They did great with the food, even with things most Americans find extremely unappetizing such as - deep fried intestines. They wimped out when it came to stinky tofu though, I can't imagine why!?

We laughed until we cried talking about silly family stories. Like the time my nephew and niece decided to see if water thrown outside would really freeze. They threw it on the front porch and when their mom and dad returned from the grocery store - it had indeed frozen. Their dad ended up flat on his back and the groceries ended up all over the place. Granted at the time, their father didn't find this scene to be funny, now however, we laughed and laughed. Or how when we were young our father had the magical ability to speak Chinese whenever he hit his finger with a hammer (of course now that I speak Chinese, I know he was fibbing). We laughed until our sides hurt remembering many silly things such as these.

Their visit flew by with lightening speed but it was such a blessing to be able to share life in Taiwan with them, to get to hear first hand how things are going back home in the States, to already begin making some plans for my next trip back (granted it's over a year away but we had fun making plans anyway) and to reminisce and laugh about the past.

Thank you Lord for the blessing of family and visitors.

3 comments:

  1. Very awesome!!! Sounds uber exciting! I can't wait to get there and I'm diggin the blog sista!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you really had a good time. I'm so glad. And you had plenty of time to meander around an enjoy each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ever so glad you got to share your life there w/family .. in person .. am SURE they had a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete